Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

I am flawless.

I've always loved the saying, "Never judge a book by it's cover."  It's so simple and yet extremely complex all at the same time.  Recently I've felt like I can't really handle all that life has been throwing at me....Relationship problems, school trouble, just life.  And since I'm supposed to be mature and have everything under control, I can't show the cracks in my mask...Not until they get so big that everything just falls apart.  
I was thinking about that saying today, and really, a book is a great analogy for us.  
You never know what's on the inside until you start digging. 
On the outside it may be hard and very durable, but on the inside is something so fragile. 
 It can be torn and made dirty, and you can never make it like new again.  
We'll always carry the same scars but we don't have to let them affect us.  We have to look past our scars and past those of others so that we can really see who God intended for us to truly be.  We have to let Him heal us.  He's the greatest physician ever.  We can't get so hung up on how we look from the outside.  Cause that's not who we are anymore. 

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has gone, the new has come.” 2 Corinthians 5:17

2 comments:

  1. I like what you have said here. In conflicting relationships, or situations ask The Lord, 'show me what is possible here'. I am finding that it over rides my negative emotions and allows me to see what His will is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And thanks for reading :)

      Delete

Please leave me a note, but keep it pleasing to the Lord! James 3:10 says: Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. God bless!