Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas is gone, the new year has come!

Well, this Christmas was wonderful! I got to spend to spend time with all of my mom's cousins that I don't get to see very often.  But something else that I noticed about this holiday season is that I was thinking more and more about myself.  Thinking, when do I get to play with my new stuff.  When do I get to do what I want.  Well now it's back to school and I'm reading a book called The Purpose Driven Life, by Rick Warren.  It talks about not having a self-centered life.  After all we were put on this earth for GOD's purpose.  There's also a verse that I really liked. 
"Obsession with self in these matters is a dead end; attention to GOD leads us out into the open, into a spacious, free life."  Romans 8:6 (Msg.)
 He ends the chapter in the book saying, "You were made by God and for God-and until you understand that, life will never make sense." 

Reading this just kind of gave me a little wake-up call, reminding me what life's most important things are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note, but keep it pleasing to the Lord! James 3:10 says: Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. God bless!